Sunday, June 10, 2007

the party just got started

Any room any block
by Rishik V. Menon


it all starts here, dont stop
dont lose another drop
such a waste of time
twas designed to flop.
destiny awaits
but your acting in haste
but you mean it
when your sayin, damn
"why the heck not"


so we pack our days
and memories away
of the times when the
hand of the clock would sway.
to the rhythm of your number
which i hardly can remember
as i seal it
kiss and wish
that this is worth a shot


cause i wont know what i forgot


so have I..
finally arrived at the party
cause i cant really tell
when theres no colour no smell
and it sure feels awfully empty
such so, that i wanna come home
but i wont move until I know


for you I made belief
a star from sundried leaves
and maybe its light
would somehow blind your grief
though im perched here expiring,
certain my time is running
anyday
ill lend my shade
before i slowly fade


this change is more
than i bargained for
this balance due
its underscored
by a pain from having to stay as same
as picture portraits in family frames.
not that I was sure
or I saw it as a chore
but i never dared risking claustrophobia


so have I..
finally arrived at the party
cause i cant really tell
when its as empty as hell
and it sure feels awfully empty
such so, that i swear im alone
but i wont move until I know


-------------------


Room 4370 by Rishik V. Menon


i used to play games of make belief
i made you a star from sundried leaves
and maybe that star today
would shine from above, and show you the way
though im perched here expiring, and smiling
its hopeless to pretend that ill still be trying
any much longer to show you my shade
so i wish you the best
as i slowly fade

No comments: