Sunday, September 09, 2007

My guitar has been out of tune for awhile now

My un-tuned guitar and Me
by Rishik Vijayadas Menon


I called
you up
and asked if you were feeling uneasy
about..
the lack of hands on your digital watch


you said
dont hang up
I hear a chilling distant stereo medley
around..
the bbq pits down at the park


So i was forced to wait,
around the end of the day
without a pool cue
and benches were flying in the wind


And life is making mistakes
about the people i meet
or im supposed to
cause the moons taking revenge on me


late night
its chilly
but I find that im persuaded to stay
awhile..
this swing is gonna break ere long


But now
were flying
and life's about making that break
away..
from acoustic strumming and plucks


please no midnight surcharge
im willing to wait
or so i lie
so i may lay on the rocks


is that your date?
ill be happy to meet him
just give me a ring
and im content attached to my thoughts


clean streets
a mean streak
and theres a buzzing for the chance for a fight
again..
its passing, drinking games, with no end


high hopes
frus-trate
this fountainhead and song to no ends
andthen..
Were embracing renaissance history


I shred to feel irate
Such cathartic hate
rolling off my tongue
but ive never feel myself more one


September, take it easy
the trek is won with the fire
Laced in both tone and timbre
This tranquilizer of time


And oh nooo...
I dont need to be going home...
Not tonight


And so, the stories are true
I have gave myself permission
To have a life....



And oh nooo...
I dont need to be going home...
Not tonight

And so, the stories are true
I have gave myself permission
To have a life....


No comments: