Just heard Ashley Tisdale's "he said she said". Ive no idea who she is, or how long that songs been on MTV, but it sounded pretty catchy at first. Then I started imagining myself dancing to it in some distant future at some party. Then I stopped imagining. Then I realised the song was still going on and I was getting pretty bored. Then I remembered why im not really thaAAT into dance music and RnB. Ah well..
---
Kids in rural Mongolia dont have proper water facilities.
They spend an average of 3 hours a day collecting water.
Hygiene is low as water is precious.
Diarrhoea is flagrantly unchecked due to poor water facilities.
I know its not right to make comparisons for these sort of things...
But think about it. Whose situation is really worse off? The Burmese or the rural Mongolians? Try and suspend your political leanings for a while and just think about standards of living. Im not sure myself which is worse. The Burmese seem to have more hope for recovery. The possibility for sustainable recovery in Burma appears more viable. The conditions which allowed so many Burmese to even riot and protest are in themselves signs of politicization and a certain level of industrialization.
I really dont know which is worse. Just food for thought, nonetheless.
---
I dont like neon lights. Sigh. Why didnt anyone stop the repeal on their ban? Dammit.
---
No comments:
Post a Comment