Sunday, November 11, 2007

clicking the wrong buttons again

Contemplating the complexities of Zeno's Paradox in Relation to Jumps in Motion

by Rishik V. Menon



It takes me that way
what? It takes me away
in slow motion, in coffee cups
in single lettered grades.
But those are just flourishments,
and i cant care for them as much
as I do, when it takes me
and is taking me during the 'nows' of my life
cause during the 'nows' its always in
slow motion. And 'Now' is always the
best time, so take me today.
And its taking me now, in slow motion
And now im under rain,
head dislodged from my slouch
eyes held firmly by playful lines to the clouds.
And now i see the rain, and drop by
drop falling, down playful ropes from
the clouds, teasing, blinking, in solid slow motion.
In fluid slow motion, it takes me away.
And green shines bright under orange streetlights
which to my eye, I might decide to take
as the moon. And the ropes roll off the green,
and I watch it roll onto me, as it takes me away.
And now I know Im in the rain.
And now im ignoring all the sounds, cause the
streelights mean, streets, and they distract me
from the 'nows'. So just my eyes are held firm by
them lines, to the beautiful black, the auroral orange
(which I have decided is the moon) the still green
and the globules of bent light and space time
in slow motion in 'now'.

No comments: