Tuesday, July 08, 2008

one year six months ago i know...

Retribution for the Philosopher Kings
by Rishik


Its a phase im going through
where I question what is true
where I wonder
if the space
goes on forever
to the blue


Its a matter of the soul
its a question of the whole
and we take it
that such ideas
just cant make it
past the fold


I may not be the
best in the business
but I sure as hell
do give my all
and I aint ashamed
to try and hide it


and if those are the words of the song
then those words cant be wrong!



I just do just as Im told
im not afraid of growing old
im just frightened
i cant stay sober
as I lighten
up my load


I pursue these changing trends
My thoughts have cycled onto ends
my minds so open
im just concerned
i cant contain 'em
now and again

I may not be the best in the business
but I sure do keep on fighting
as i never doubt if im not worth it


and if the content of the lyrics just aint true
i'll contextualise it for you!


Its a journey to the end
its a poem of a man
whats surprising
is his writing
is the product
of a land


Its as personal as it gets
from the anonymous wits
who wax lyrical
vaguely poetic
syllables
in sets


I may not be the best in the business
but i keep my soul untainted
from the murmur of the masses


and if thats what you need to know
then let me take it to note!
---



and
yes im back from brunei!

---


so long, sweet summer.

ciao!

No comments: