Saturday, September 13, 2008

as powerful as a duck up an engine

some short poems ive been working on

---



He was
self righteous and defensive
such so
that he smacked the
aid who wanted to
do away with
harmless ants on the
stone table top.
when he found the troops
,later that day,
advancing into his bed
his swipe was as swift
as the judgements he
would pass in his heart.
how dare they...
imply he left food crumbs
for them to come after.
There Were No Food Crumbs
on the bed.
he was sure he dusted them off
this morning.


---
blowing bubbles
sitting on the roof
three thoughts floated across my mind.
1. would the tiles I sit on crack
2. why do i worry about what people think of me
3. will the ghost of the dead bubble ever reach the moon?


---
on some nights I see the real moon, in
national geographical glory
full with its crystal crater clarity
as a poster could have shown without doubt.
but the moon needs its off days too.
and thats when I see her


That naked orb, that light in the sky,
and oh how i could pluck it into my mouth
and taste those edges, as a coin,
almost 2-dimensional crispness.
orange or white
she is sexy with confidence
and bold revealing colours
tells me she's aware of my presence.
so she toys, maybe winks, a typical female,
she plays coy, giggling behind
transiting clouds that
serve her purpose
of making me stare
all the harder
at that
temp-orary
light.


and i wonder
if just maybe
what I truly desire
may simply be
another shadowless reflection.

---

and so
as if a challenge
to my perfect eyesight
the club rallied its lights
in a final neut
which skipped heart beats
by half beats
and i, disoriented,
conceded to the sight
of my feet
dischorded and undone
left foot over
then under right
and back...I lost
not my footing, but control
and so in such
disturbing terms and conditions
did I do the dance called

The Shuffle

---


still got a few more id like to share. but lets not over do it, shall we?

---





and so i have a new camera. =)

--

"I fear I wont see surprise. That Im not doubling back now"

Jason Mraz



"So why's you say Hallelujah?? If it means nothing to yaa??"
Damien Rice, Delicate

No comments: