http://youtu.be/IJrCkB9zzEo
The wonderful thing about the 90s, has nothing to do with the era. The music. The TV shows, fashion, food, whatever. The world isnt any more fucked up now that it was then. Its not objective at all. Its got everything to do with me.
The wonderful thing about the 90s was, I was a kid. I was unemployed, without a care in the world, free to run around pasir ris park, cycle, make up fantastical stories in my head playing with my cousins, brothers, neighbours, school mates. Freedom. without a care in the world. getting lost in my own personal library, in 67 pasir ris heights, playing the piano, watching TV shows like Take Off, Sesame street, songs and colours that messed with my brain and imagination. Freedom.
So the truth is.. I dont have to go back in time, to relive the wonderful youth and childhood I had. I just need to.. find some time.. to live my life. once again.
and like a sailor or a pirate looking out into the distance, I believe I have found the time. Like land. The time is out there. I can see it. In 2 months. I will harbour at its port, walk along its shores, smell the salty sand and smile. I will make it there. And then, Ill be happy, again.
--
for now though. get back to studying. summer will come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment