This poem was written in early 2005. 2005: when i was forcing myself to be as distant as possible from the scouts and shape into the role of a student, prefect and everything which i originally wanted to be. where i basked in the aircon of the heritage room watching in awe as the ELDDS performed and rehearsed, feeling like one of them, yet... not quite. not yet.. 2005: When i rekindled my childhood love for writing, and took it a step further. But i never decided to put it (the poem) up, cause i always felt there was work to be done. there was room for improvement. but yet everytime i look at it, i cant bring myself to change it. So here, unedited, uncut,
"Put out the candles"
Mister Menon
Put out the candles
The fumes so toxic
Lock away these emotions
I begin to feel sick
These days are getting longer
The smell is getting strong
Your eyes are dead
I refuse to know
When everything feels so wrong
My ink has run dry
My thoughts have come to halt
Abuse of such a powerful gift
Its useless, full of fault
My images are fading
This plan has come to work
Against all odds, I force myself
And it leaves me in the lurk
Tying up these instruments
That give life to songs and sentiments
Breaking all the clocks that I can see
I lock myself in lies so old
I’m scared the truth is far to cold
Without a second glance I throw the key
---------------------------------------
thought of this tune this morning. decided to put it down in tabs. pretty simple. but whateheck.
I shall christian it, 'Sparetime with nylon"
---2-------2---0-------0--------------
------3-----------2--------3-------3---
---------2-----------2--------4--------
----------------------------------5----7
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment