Wednesday, November 15, 2006

how close before you open

"you ared. a violent red." Taking back sunday.


and newsweek perpetuates the myth of vietnam. And lining the top of the November 20th 2006 copy, goes the words " Vietnam: how the south won".

what fcukshit is that. dont mind me now as i quote and rant for the next five minutes or so.


"Hanoi's communist might have won the vietnam war, but southern born reformist are leading an economic boom as the country opens up to the world."


dickward. typical of an american news agency to ignore the fact that the vietnam war started as a civil war within south vietnam, and essentially remained so even after the US and DRV got involved. history gets whitewashed and eveything else, from perpectives to understandings, gets blurred. reality is uncertain, and nothing can be 'sure' anymore than i can be 'him'. doesnt really leave us as individuals with much to strive for. to quote vernon god little (which ive been doing alot lately) the world is filled with "fucken people. fucken people and their fucken human wants. get in the way of their wants and your screwed. serve those wants and youll find yourself doing good".


to sum it all up, everything is bull... and here we are human beings living in this world of bull, trying to surface to something greater in a world of people (and here i use the word people and human differently) but it become so immensely difficult to without becoming bull ourselves. so we resign, give up, forgetting about trying to change the world or making any impact, by creating our own little bubbles and living it out there as long as we can with our friends, music, and readings. the game shifts from the original intention to change, to a strategy of wait...


wait...


The following is part of a passage by Shashi Tharoor (Under Sceretary United Nations). Really struck a chord with me, especially after writing the above paragraphs, and talking to nicholas recently about life.


"So I have had no difficulty in saying openly that I am a believing Hindu. But I am also quick to explain what that phrase means to me. I'm not a "Hindu fundamentalist": I see Hinduism as uniquely a religion without fundamentals.


We have an extraordinary diversity of religious practices within Hinduism, a faith with no single sacred book but many. Hinduism is, in many ways, predicated on the idea that the eternal wisdom of the ages about divinity cannot be confined to a single sacred book. We have no compulsory injunctions or obligations. We do not have a Hindu Sunday, let alone a requirement to pray at specific times and frequencies.


Unusual religion.


What we have is a faith that allows each believer to reach out his or her hands to his or her notion of God.


Hinduism is a faith which uniquely does not have any notion of heresy - you cannot be a Hindu heretic because there is no standard set of dogmas from which deviation would make you a heretic.


So Hinduism is a faith so unusual that it is the only major religion in the world that does not claim to be the only true religion. I find that most congenial. For me, as a believing Hindu, it is wonderful to be able to meet people from other faiths without being burdened by the conviction that I have embarked upon a "right path" that they have somehow missed. I was brought up in the belief at all ways of worship are equally valid. My father prayed devoutly every day, but never used to oblige me to join him: in the Hindu way, he wanted me to find my own truth. And that I believe I have. It is a truth that admits of the possibility that there might be other truths. I therefore bring to the world an attitude that is open, accommodating and tolerant of others' beliefs. Mine is not a faith for those who seek certitude, but in an era of doubt and uncertainty, a religion that cheerfully accommodates both."


id usually tend to avoid religion in my blog, but id like to let this time, be an exception.


cheers. im out of here. to wherever my sms-es, guitar and books will lead me next.

No comments: