In Her Testiment (part 1)
by rishik V. Menon
I spent the last sunday with God.
It wasnt at any church or temple
at ceylon road or otherwise.
It was at ward 23, at the ICU
at changi general hospital.
She laid there blessing us
with memories of time spent with her
and purging our souls
till we were reduced to
dulcet tears on the floor.
At first i wondered if it was ironic or not.
How the steady, dull beep and
monotone of heaves for air could signal life.
But that was before i saw your eye
and then i understood
and there was nothing else to fear.
God wasnt dead.
She was right there
how fearful.
how frightening.
How human to demand answers and consolation of heaven and forever.
how weakening.
how powerless.
how could we even give up hope for a moment when moments are so dear.
When mortality is but a mere symptom of humans.
And its a fact,
that ideals will never die.
-----
Tears In Heaven
Eric Clapton
-----------------
Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
Would you hold my hand if I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand if I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven
Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please
Begging please Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven
Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
'Cause I know I don't belong, here in heaven
No comments:
Post a Comment