"Im not a dreamsquasher, am I?"
"was it ever his dream to be a photographer"
"..yeaa??"
"Did you try to convince him he would never succeed?"
"..well-"
"DO THE MATH DREAMSQUASHER!"
..
haha. lines from a 'hope and faith' episode.
I dont know what is it with me and sitcoms. As little Tv as I watch
I just cant avoid watching sitcoms and cartoons. half an hour of
puerile (and not so puerile) entertainment and laughter. perhaps
wanting in sophistication, but never entirely brainless beyond hope.
its like i share some strange connection with these shows. that they
are the only things I ever watch, when I actually do decide to make
that big step, and reach for the boob tube (who ever uses that
phrase these days!?)
its so strange when i think about it though. when television was
making its big comeback against the cinema and internet, i was
no where to be found. desperate housewives, grey's anatomy, heroes
were all lost to me. (caught the 'Lost' Reference? haha!.. kay forget
it.) the last 1 hour tv show i watched on a regular basis was probably
Ally McBeal. and on an irregular basis, The Gilmore Girls. wow.
ally mcbeal and the gilmore girls. holy shit.
That is soo not doing anything for my street cred.
Time to bring it back up, by singing this cool new song I heard from
the simpsons.
..
"see that drunk chick speeding down the street!!
she's worried about the state of public schools...
she likes to party she likes to rock!!
she's praays that our schools dont run out of chalk.."
--
strange new songs float into my life.
The Killers 'When you were young'
The Killers 'All these things that ive done'
Justin Timberlake 'I think she knows'
Gym Class Heroes 'Cookiejar'
John legend 'Greenlight'
But none as strange or as mesmerizing as this.
Nouvelle Vague 'Dancing with myself'.
--
I got a soul, but im not a soldier.
time to run.
goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment