Sunday, February 22, 2009

awesomeness

What i love the most about my group of friends and our gatherings.


the talking.


Sigh. Just dont let it stop. not for a moment.
and when there is silence its always a happy calm.


i wanna hear their stories
dreams
mis-adventures, philosophical theories,
plans of action, jokes, reviews of the latest movies,
opinions about ex-teachers, gossips,
discoveries, just keep the tales coming
and the conversation rolling.

---

"were coming home again" Green Day

---

the Movie Slumdog Millionaire is really a feel good movie. About luck and destiny and victory against the odds. and I love the movie.
Such a simply beautiful work of art.

But the book. wow. THAT tale. I cant even begin to break it down. Genius in the way, the whole while you presume its a similar tale of luck. But the twist at the end changes the entire paradigm of the book. And suddenly it becomes clear luck had very little to do with it. This was a tale of destiny and making your own life. and thats what I loved most about it. It wasnt about achieving the victory. He had already won from the start of the book. It was about how you can make your own life, and control your own faith. That was what Q & A was really about.

and i really like that theme so much. the idea of self control.
I think maybe thats why I love the song "Handlebars". Its about the possibilities that open up from within. About what can be achieved even without outside help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbuTlIo1Zr4&feature=channel_page
--
Anyways im off.

No comments: