Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I think this is winter

I think this is winter.
This cold.
Temperature.
Not emotion.

Walking to southport beach was the smartest thing I did all day.

And today, being alone was not a cause for sadness.
Solitude brought happy memories,
time to contemplate
and a freedom from people.
all notions which I have
been in want of
and am grateful for
now it has come.

I walked up and down, and the beach and sky was beautiful.
the sound of the sea,
the birds in the sky.
then sitting down and finding those two seashells.

Im not a romantic kinda guy, but those sea shells were gorgeous.
It didnt make me miss anyone.
or particularly nostalgic.
I just really thought, how pretty they were.
and how much I wish I could make friends with other people who appreciate this same sort of simple profound poetry in nature, that I see.

this was real.
real cold too.
but sitting there in my shorts and thongs(or slippers. or chapals.) I was dealing with it.

happy to have the sun up.
happy to be reading, and to not have any immediate concerns or worries
like hunger, homework or social obligations weighing on my mind.

my escape has been a success after all.

oh god, did I mention it was cold?
I spent nearly 2 hours in that cold beach park.
felt like the whole day.
or maybe it just made the whole day memorable.

this can not define my australia experience in any way.
the hard and cold lesson of Australia thus far has been
budgeting, organising, planning, sacrificing and lots and lots
or initiative to break the inertia.
but the beach. today.
it was an escape. and thank god for escapes.

now i think I mentioned happy memories.
I suppose it wont hurt to share a few.

sitting with prem at starbucks at clark quay.
sitting with soefie in the TJ library.
studying with kubo at marine parade library starbucks.
sitting with amitha at fort canning park after some exam.
taking a bus with jasvir and de wei from st pats to changi airport.
sitting with lizzy at east coast park after getting back some exam results.

---
Songs in my mind
as I sat on the cold beach front.

"Konstantine" Something Corporate
"Beautiful Rescue" This Providence
"Adelaide" Anberlin
"Weather" Rishik Menon

No comments: