I wish people on the street would ask me for directions more often-
so I'd have the pleasure of hearing their voices, and helping them find their way
and more people came walking through doors with me-
so I'd be able to hold the door open for them, long enough to see their smiles
and maybe I should carry around a box of doughnuts more often,
so the odds of me passing by a homeless lady and offering her one would increase
and even though I dont always carry change
and when I helped push the old man in the wheelchair to camden,
he probably had no real destination to get to anyway,
nothing else I did, in the past one week,
quite makes me feel like
as much as a man
as this
--
hedonistic altruism.
i swear its not pity
(and no, im not signing that petition till I know what its about)
No comments:
Post a Comment