Sunday, May 08, 2011

Love for a Child

I love my mom because she loves chocolates and (dare I say it?) probably more than she does them.

I love my mom cause in the middle of dinner she decides she has to explain to the family, her new theory on "pirated" ferrero rochers, and the difference in taste from the originals.
I love my mom because our other dinner time conversations range from religion to politics to housing prices.

I love my mom cause she never made fun of my tamil. in front of my face.

I love my mom because we can simultaneously burst out chuckling listening to the lyrics of "I shot the sheriff" without having to say a word to each other
I love my mom because she hums along to modern day pop hits like "thats not my name" by the tingtings and Maroon 5's "she will be loved".

I love my mom because when I was a little kid, she would force me to go jogging with her at bukit timah, or changi beach.
I love my mom because now that I'm older, she forces me to train her, so she'll be prepared for her next  race.

I love my mom because she loves me.

I love my mom because she cares about the people in her life and their feelings.

I love my mom because shes strong and feisty and never backs down from a fight.

I love my mom because shes kaypoh and meddlesome, but only because she always does what she believes to be right. and she never regrets it either.

I love my mom because she doesnt always know how to make you happy or laugh, but thats exactly how she truly wants you to feel.

I love my mom because shes had to tolerate me being grumpy in the morning for the last 22 years.
I love my mom because she immediately suspects something is up when I wake up in a good mood.

I love my mom because shes slightly awkward at dancing, and slightly tone deaf at singing, but shed never shy away from the chance to do either, and of those three traits Ive inherited, Im most glad for the third.

I love my mom because she's humble and full of love.
I love my mom because she loved her mom. And I loved her too.

I love my mom because she didnt really read me books to sleep but she'd always give me books to read when I wanted.

I love my mom because shes kinda crazy.
I love my mom because she hugs trees in the middle of walks.

I love my mom because she uses facebook to play scrabble and wheel of fortune.
I love my mom because we play boardgames together on new years eve.

I love my mom because she gave me pocket money in primary school when I didnt need it, and Ive been compulsively saving money since then.

I love her because she talks to me in my sleep and expects me to remember those conversations in the morning
I love my mom because she'll ask me the same question 3 or 4 times and still forget the answer
I love her because, she'll pretend to know the names of my friends and continuously mix them up

I love her because, she always believed in me and the choices I made in life, whether it was dropping science and math in JC or taking a particular road home.

I love her because she always gave me her trust
and because of her I've learnt
to give other people mine
and to see the world as a beautiful place
believing
everythings going to be okay


I love my mom because
and
I love her because, because
because and just because

I love my mom because she loves chocolates and (dare I say it?) probably more than she does them.

No comments: